Monday, October 20, 2008

Sitting on the Dock of the Bay

Well we finally arrived in Duck. What a great place to take a vacation. It was really windy last night but this morning it seems to be calmer. It is a little cooler now than I like it but it is nice. I am sitting up on the third floor having my morning coffee and looking at the surf crashing in on the ocean side of the island. There is a high surf warning out so the waves are hitting pretty hard. High tide happens about 12:30 today so I think I'll take a walk out about then and check it out. Then I'll go back afterward to shell hunt. Ah what a vacation. I have a few good books, my bible to read, some things I need to study for a class I taking, and lots to pray about. And I may actually do some of those things at some point in time. But right now it is coffee and the surf. I love the ocean.

No comments: