Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Catching Up - or catching my breath

Well, today is September 30th and I just realized I have not posted since the 24th, so I must be more efficient and timely in posting. It has just been a whirlwind week and to be truthful this has not been a major priority for me. On the 25th I walked in a 5K in downtown Atlanta which was phenomenal, but it took up a big chunk of time and so I skipped that day and apparently it has been downhill since. The weekend hit right behind that and it was a very busy time also. On Saturday we did Street Reach, which is a ministry to the children of the apartment complexes in and around Roswell, GA. We had our grandkids with us then so we had to pick them up then meet their parents to get them back home. It was also my wife's birthday and I had purchased tickets to the Fox Theatre to see Les Miserables (which is a subject for an entire post by the way). Les Mis was awesome, the Fox is incredible, and we plan to go back for a walking tour of it in the near future. So Saturday was a full day. Sunday we had prayer school at 8 am, two services that ended around 1:15 so we got out of church about 1:45, shot over to some friends house for a quick lunch, then back to church for Forever Free from 3 - 5, followed by Leadership from 5 to 6 (actually about 6:20 but that is also a topic for another discussion), then our Deacons Meeting until 7 PM. Then I had to work with some of the Deacons until about 8:30 -9:00, so as you can see Sunday is not a day of rest for me. Then it was back to the grind yesterday, and today I am playing catch up so.... deep breath.... maybe I can stay current this week.

No comments: